Since its inception in 2014, Teachers and Researchers United (TRU) has since campaigned for and won multiple improvements to the living conditions of graduate workers at JHU. Said improvements include…
- The implementation of an 8-week parental leave policy (with full tuition and stipend benefits), so we don’t have to choose between our careers and our families.
- Improvements to the university healthcare plan, including vision and dental coverage and reducing the yearly out-of-pocket maximum.
- 100% coverage of Urgent Care expenses, with a waived deductible. We shouldn’t have to hesitate to get the emergency care we need!
- The creation of the Provost’s Advisory Team on Healthcare (PATH), giving grads a greater say in our health benefits.
- $5 million in COVID-19 relief for PhD students. This came in the form of 100 travel and research awards averaging about $5000, and 200-300 dissertation completion awards that include tuition, health insurance, and stipend for one semester.