What have other graduate student unions negotiated through their contracts?
Below, you will find samples of contract wins from other graduate student unions across the United States. The wins are grouped by topic. The scope of these gains show that the power of a contract is expansive, and this list is by no means exhaustive: we could absolutely win benefits beyond those captured here. Any union contract we develop must be approved by a majority of all graduate student-workers before it is put into effect. This vote would take place after the vote to form a union (see path to unionization for more details).
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Compensation and Benefits
- Advising and Work Expectations
- Retaliation Protection, Grievance Procedures, and Governance
- International Student Worker Gains
- International Student Worker Protections
Additionally, other graduate student unions have written their own summaries of their contract wins. We have linked them below with the corresponding full contracts.
- Brown: highlights / full contract
- University of Connecticut: highlights / full contract
- Harvard: highlights / full contract
- Georgetown: highlights / full contract
- New York University: highlights / full contract
- University of Michigan: highlights / full contract
- Temple: highlights / full contract
- Tufts: full contract
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign: highlights / full contract
This page was reproduced with permission from MIT GSU